Careers Special Investigations Officer
Internal security is crucial to the Air Force’s ability to protect our missions and advance our objective. It’s the job of Special Investigations Officers to focus on conducting investigations into criminal, fraud, counterintelligence, internal security and other security concerns. Managing investigations both within the Air Force and outside of it, they help accomplish our mission by keeping every unit and every base safe and secure.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Emergency Management Response
- Law Enforcement
- Formulate special investigations policies in counterintelligence, cyber threats, counter threat, criminal, fraud and assigned special agents.
- Coordinate, monitor and direct special investigation activities.
- Analyze and disseminate information collected.
- Manage counterintelligence, criminal and fraud intelligence collection systems.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment