Careers Security Forces Officer
The ultimate objective of every Air Force operation is security—for our Airmen, our bases and our country. Utilizing their broad expertise encompassing weapons systems, antiterrorism, law enforcement, air base defense, industrial security and combat arm, Security Forces Officers ensure we achieve this objective. Directing air base defense functions, these professionals control and secure the terrain inside and adjacent to military installations as well as the personnel, equipment and resources within to continue keeping us safe.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Emergency Management Response
- Law Enforcement
- Weaponry Materiel
- Lead, manage and direct Security Forces personnel and activities.
- Protect nuclear and conventional weapons systems and other resources.
- Lead and organize Security Forces operations.
- Develop Security Forces plans, policies, procedures and instructions.
- Assess installation or deployed location vulnerabilities.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment