Careers Physicist/Nuclear Engineer
The Air Force performs some of the most advanced scientific operations in the world—which is why Air Force Physicists and Nuclear Engineers are some of the most advanced scientists in their field. These officers conduct and manage programs and projects to support highly technical operations and intelligence. With focus in areas ranging from lasers, electro-optics and semiconductors to nuclear weapons and technology, these experts provide knowledge integral to completing our missions.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Engineering Applied Science
- Future Technologies
- Natural Science
- Weaponry Materiel
- Conduct and manage research and experiments.
- Develop new concepts, methods and techniques to solve scientific problems.
- Recommend research and development projects.
- Manage scientific programs, projects and activities.
- Support highly technical operations and intelligence.
Spend Your Career Leading Others, Not Paying Off Debt
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment