Careers Operations Research Analyst
To ensure a successful mission, we must always be operating at the highest level. It’s the responsibility of Operations Research Analysts to make this possible. Problem-solvers who find ways to make Air Force operations more efficient and cost-effective, these officers perform a wide variety of duties including operations research, general research, testing and evaluation analysis, mission support analysis and logistics analysis. It’s up to these experts to make sure every project and program is operating at peak performance.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Operations Administration
- Computers/Computer Science
- Apply analyses to current operations and to operational scenarios.
- Conduct and manage experiments and tests.
- Develop new concepts, methods and techniques to solve scientific and operational problems.
- Recommend research and development projects and acceptance or nonacceptance of research products.
- Manage scientific programs, projects and activities.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment