Careers Munitions and Missile Maintenance Officer
The smallest malfunction in weapons or missiles can put our Airmen at risk. It’s the critical responsibility of Munitions and Missile Maintenance Officers to formulate and implement maintenance procedures that ensure Air Force arsenals are always fully stocked, highly functional and ready to be deployed. With specialties in conventional munitions, nuclear weapons and Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM), these experts cover a range of weaponry and can be called upon to deliver or repair large weapons on sites worldwide.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Logistics Transportation
- Weaponry Materiel
- Formulate maintenance procedures for all munitions and missile systems.
- Assess operational requirements and environment.
- Manage conventional munitions, nuclear weapons and missile maintenance production.
- Plan and direct munitions support for in-place and Air Expeditionary Force operations.
- Develop procedures for routine storing, assembling, testing and disposal of common U.S. munitions.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment