Careers Logistics Readiness Officer
Readiness starts long before we begin any mission. It’s the job of Logistics Readiness Officers to prepare our Airmen for anything by ensuring that every person and piece of equipment is ready to go. From distribution and materiel management to contingency and distribution, these experts have a wide range of operations under their watch, ensuring that everything gets where it needs to go, exactly when it needs to get there.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Emergency Management Response
- Logistics Transportation
- Direct distribution management operations, including distribution functions and shipping of supplies.
- Determine base readiness requirements.
- Compute and analyze current and projected materiel requirements.
- Direct contingency, fuel management, aerial port and vehicle-management operations.
- Formulate logistics management and fiscal policy for weapon systems.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment