Careers Financial Management Officer
At the very core, the Air Force is an organization that requires financial acumen. Responsible for organizing financial management activities and establishing internal control, Financial Management Officers help ensure funds are available for the equipment, supplies and services our Airmen need. Doing everything from managing organizational structure and performing cost estimates to evaluating efficiency, these experts are essential to protecting Air Force funds and helping Airmen continue to succeed in their missions.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Operations Administration
- Computers/Computer Science
- Law Enforcement
- Plan and organize financial management programs in support of daily operations and war-fighting missions.
- Direct financial management activities, including reviewing internal controls and quality of services.
- Advise commander and staff on status and progress of command programs.
- Perform financial-management functions.
- Develop organizational structure, personnel, security and training.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment