Careers Cyberspace Operations Officer
With the constant evolution of today’s technology, information and communications can be optimized like never before. Responsible for a wide range of weaponry, training and intelligence efficiencies, Cyberspace Operations Officers are the foremost experts on the vast world of cyberspace. From computerized, satellite and airborne communications to postal operations and tracking systems, these irreplaceable assets play a critical role in planning missions and ensuring the effectiveness of our cyberspace capabilities.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Operations Administration
- Computers/Computer Science
- Review mission tasking, intelligence, terrain and weather information.
- Operate weapons systems and command crew.
- Conduct or supervise training to ensure operational readiness of crewmembers.
- Advise commanders on associated risks and mitigation factors in conjunction with utilized technologies.
- Direct employment of cyberspace capabilities in both deliberate and crisis-action scenarios.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment