Careers Cost Analysis Officer
One of the best ways to strengthen the effectiveness of the Air Force is to optimize costs. Responsible for planning, organizing and evaluating cost-analysis programs, Cost Analysis Officers are depended upon to inform key decisions that support daily operations. Their analysis on everything from information and weapons systems to force structures and research and technology programs is critical in ensuring the Air Force is operating at maximum efficiency.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Operations Administration
- Computers/Computer Science
- Advise commanders and leadership on financial and programmatic planning.
- Coordinate cost-analysis programs and activities.
- Develop, coordinate and administer research activities and training programs.
- Design and develop cost and economic analysis methods, processes and techniques.
- Plan and conduct research projects to improve effectiveness.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment