Careers Contracting Officer
In order for our Airmen to complete their missions successfully, they need dependable, high-quality equipment at the right place and the right time. Responsible for securing and skillfully negotiating the sale of these necessities, Contracting Officers help ensure command units are well stocked with everything they need. Whether it’s planning, evaluating or awarding, these experts manage contracts for commodities, services and construction to properly oversee the contracting process every step of the way.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Operations Administration
- Law Enforcement
- Computers/Computer Science
- Plan, organize and manage contracting functions to provide essential supplies and services to missions and operations.
- Formulate contracting policies and procedures.
- Establish organizational structure and personnel.
- Select contract sources, negotiate terms and ensure contract compliance.
Spend Your Career Leading Others, Not Paying Off Debt
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment