Careers Combat Systems Officer
Combat and air operations move at incredible speed, so it’s essential our Airmen do the same. Serving as the mission commanders for electronic warfare, weapons systems and navigation, Combat Systems Officers are the eyes of their fellow Airmen. Utilizing their extraordinary level of focus, efficiency and leadership, these highly trained professionals employ a wide range of high-tech equipment and weaponry to deliver unmatched power and mobility to successfully accomplish their missions.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Aircraft Flight
- Weaponry Materiel
- Computers/Computer Science
- Operate in a specific area:
- Experimental test
- Reconnaissance/surveillance/electronic warfare
- Special Operations
- Remotely piloted aircraft
- Master principles and techniques of all aircraft operations and weapon systems.
- Perform surveillance and intelligence.
- Develop and conduct training for other Airmen.
- Coordinate strikes and mission support tasks for Special Operations and ground forces.
Spend Your Career Leading Others, Not Paying Off Debt
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment