Careers Combat Rescue Officer
When servicemen are injured and rendered immobile on the front lines, their life depends on a swift, effective evacuation. Responsible for organizing and strategizing recovery operations, Combat Rescue Officers provide the insights and skill essential for rescue missions to succeed. These highly capable and courageous Airmen not only train, equip and develop necessary survival skills in rescue personnel, but will often deploy into direct combat as members of the rescue team themselves.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Emergency Management Response
- Special Operations
- Health Medicine
- Health Technicians Specialists
- Provide command and control of full spectrum personnel recovery operations.
- Lead Pararescue Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) operations.
- Assess readiness through training exercises, inspections and evaluation results.
- Strategize and conduct rescue and recovery operations.
- Manage rescue programs and training.
- Direct short- and long-term survival and evasion assistance.
Spend Your Career Leading Others, Not Paying Off Debt
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment