Careers Chemist/Nuclear Chemist
Some of our biggest victories are won far from the battlefield. Making scientific breakthroughs every day, Chemists support Air Force missions through their research and discoveries. Facing technical problems of the highest caliber, these scientific leaders consider every approach while conducting their experiments and interpreting the data in order to make missions and our country safer and more effective.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Engineering Applied Science
- Natural Science
- Develop new techniques and policy in the area of chemistry, biochemistry and weapons of mass destruction.
- Coordinate research efforts with various agencies.
- Manage scientific programs, projects and activities.
- Serve as technical consultants on committees.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment