Careers Band Officer
We celebrate and esteem our Airmen, their achievements and our nation through music. Infusing patriotism and ceremony into every performance, Band Officers uphold world-class standards for all military and civilian performances. Whether it’s for a notable accomplishment, building a cultural bridge or to enhance morale, Band Officers are responsible for honing the skills of Air Force band personnel as well as bringing ceremony, feeling and ambience to all of their performances.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Arts Humanity
- Lead Air Force bands through training and organization.
- Serve as musical conductor as the events call for it.
- Manage Air Force band activities, including personnel, equipment, maintenance and budget.
- Recruit and evaluate potential new band members and officers.
- Coordinate band plans and activities with senior leaders and public affairs offices.
Spend Your Career Leading Others, Not Paying Off Debt
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment