Careers Air Battle Manager
During air combat, there are no small decisions. And in the U.S. Air Force, each crucial choice falls to the Air Battle Managers. Utilizing strategy, experience, and an intimate knowledge of aircraft, weapons and surveillance, they use everything at their disposal to control the outcome of an air battle. A job demanding composure, confidence and decisiveness, an air operation’s success depends on the plans implemented by these accomplished experts.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Aircraft Flight
- Weaponry Materiel
- Plan, prepare and execute theater air operations.
- Analyze national defense strategy and apply accordingly to battle strategy.
- Develop and conduct flying and simulation exercises.
- Conduct, manage, evaluate and improve unit training and readiness.
- Create operational policies by supervising mission-specific training.
Spend Your Career Leading Others, Not Paying Off Debt
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment