Careers Acquisition Manager
The safety and success of our Airmen depend upon having what they need when they need it, and it’s up to Acquisition Managers to develop the structures and train their staff to make it all happen. From implementing engineering to securing final shipping, they oversee all aspects of the process to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies get where they need to be anywhere in the world.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Operations Administration
- Computers/Computer Science
- Manage and administer defense acquisition programs.
- Plan and develop program-management techniques and training programs.
- Coordinate with commanders and staff to develop proper acquisition plans and schedule.
- Ensure quality assurance and support for all systems and equipment.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment