Careers Public Affairs Officer
With so much of our information classified for the safety and success of our missions, it can be a challenge for the public to understand our goals. Public Affair Officers use their diplomatic expertise to educate the public while safeguarding the details of endeavors from foreign threats. These experts develop a strong working relationship with media representatives as well as serve as liaisons with civilian organizations and other groups to properly share our story without jeopardizing national security.
Relevant Interests and Skills:
- Arts Humanity
- Deliver candid and timely communication counsel and guidance to leaders.
- Prepare information for news releases and other media channels.
- Research, plan, execute and assess communication strategies and activities.
- Develop a strong working relationship with media representatives.
- Promote public knowledge and understanding of our missions, organizations and capabilities.
An education at the U.S. Air Force Academy is provided at no cost to cadets. Instead, once you graduate, you will commission as an officer in the U.S. Air Force or Space Force. The length of your commitment will depend on your career path, but the benefits will last a lifetime.About Commitment