We take education seriously.
With more than 30 majors and two minors offered at the United States Air Force Academy, there are programs of study for every interest. Grading is strict and expectations are high — but so are the rewards. You will emerge from the Academy with well-rounded knowledge in many fields, intimate knowledge in your major area of study and an impactful career in which to apply all of it.
Keep in mind that you must complete all the requirements to major in a subject area. Depending on your GPA, you may qualify to overload courses, or take classes beyond the normal semester maximum, for more latitude in your course program planning.
You may change your major if you can meet the new requirements without excessive overloads. If you fulfill all requirements, you may earn more than one major. Though not an Academy requirement, it is recommended that you also pursue an academic minor to enhance your major course of study.
Summaries of each major and minor, as well as course sequences, are available, below.
Majors and Minors
The Air Force Academy is a fully accredited institution of higher learning.
- The Higher Learning Commission, of The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504, phone (312) 263-0456 accredits the standard bachelor of science degree.
- The Committee on Professional Training of the American Chemical Society accredits the chemistry, biochemistry and material science majors.
- The aeronautical, astronautical, civil, computer, electrical, environmental, mechanical, and systems engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- The computer science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Pl, Suite 1050, Baltimore MD 21202-4012, phone (410) 347-7700, which is composed of representatives of the major professional engineering and computing societies.The Computing Sciences Accreditation Board accredits the computer science degree.
- The Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accredits the management degree.
Do you want to Attend the Academy?
Understanding our admissions requirements is the first step.VISIT ADMISSIONS